CLAT 2022 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus
CLAT 2022 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus: Law aspirants all over the India awaits for the notification of CLAT or Common Law Admission Test. It is national level examination for admission in Under graduate and Post graduate degree programmes in various renowned universities for law in India. CLAT is conducted by 19 National law universities (NLU’s) of India on rotational basis. Application form will be made available from probably first week of January 2022.The students can apply till 4th week of March 2022 and examination will be held in the month of May 2022.Along with National Law Universities, more than 50 private law universities accept the CLAT score. To know more on CLAT 2022 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus read the article mentioned below
CLAT 2022 Application Form Important Dates (Tentative)
|Availability of Application Form||January 2022 First Week|
|Last date to Apply||March 2022 Last Week|
|Last Date to pay application fee||March 2022 Last Week|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2022 Third Week|
|CLAT 2022 Examination Date||May 2022 Second Week|
|Result Declaration||May 2022 Fourth Week|
|Counselling||June 2022 First Week|
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- For LLB programmes, applicant must have passed or appearing in 10 + 2 or Intermediate or Senior School Secondary examination or equivalent from a recognised Board or State or University or National open School or equivalent.
- Student appearing in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination must have to show the evidence of the year passing the examination afterwards.
- Applicant must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) to become eligible for application.
- For LLM programmes, applicant must have passed or appearing in LLB or equivalent examination from a recognised University or equivalent.
- Students appearing in LLB must have to produce evidence of their qualification later on.
- The minimum qualifying marks for applicant in LLB or equivalent examination is 55% for general category and 50% for reserved category.
- There is no upper age limit for admission in LLB or LLM.
CLAT 2022 Application Form Details
- The official notification for admission form will be released on the official website of CLAT.
- The applicant needs to register on official website through email id and mobile number.
- OTP and future correspondence will be delivered on contact details. So, students are advised to provide working contact details only.
- After registration unique user id and password is generated an applicant need to log in with help of those.
- Next is uploading of photograph and digital signature in the format prescribed.
- Next step includes filling up of application form with personal and educational details. The choice of college and examination centre have to be filled in too.
- Before submission of application form, applicant need to pay application fee through Debit card or Credit card or Net banking or offline mode of challan banking. Application fee is Rs.4000 for general category students and Rs.3000 for reserved category students.
- Students are advised to download the filled in application form after submission for future reference.
CLAT 2022 Examination pattern
- The examination will be held in offline mode only.
- The question paper will be available in English and type of question will be multiple choice, with an exception of some subjective questions in LLM.
- For LLB, total number of questions main differentiate between 120 and 150 and for LLM, total number of questions to be asked will be 150.
- For LLB, the question paper will be divided into six sections namely Logical Reasoning, English, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- For LLM, the students have to go through three sections in question paper – (a) Constitutional Law
(c) Other law subject such as Contract Law, Criminal Law, International Law, Law of tort etc.
- Each question consist of one mark and wrong answer will be penalized with deduction of 0.25 marks.
CLAT 2022 Admit card
The admit card will be released on official website of CLAT in the third week of April 2022. The date of release will be officially notified by concerned authority. students need to download the admit card from the official website only with the help of login credentials provided at the time of registration. The admit card includes personal details of candidate along with date, time and venue of examination. The admit card contains to do and not to do list and students are advised to follow them to the word. Along with hall pass, student need to bring their id card at the examination venue. It should be noted that no one can enter into the examination hall without the admit card.
CLAT 2022 Result
Result will be declared on 4th week of May 2022 true official notification. The student can download their results with the help of login credentials provided earlier. The conducting authority will then announce the cut-off and students securing at least cut off marks will be called for counselling process. The qualifying candidate will then be allotted seats on the basis of availability, category, qualifying marks etc. Personal and document verification will be done at the time of counselling.
CLAT allows law aspirants to enter into professional world of law and order. It is one of the most prestigious examination of India and all the very best to students appearing for the same.