Digital India Essay, Essay on Digital India Long & Short Essay
Digital India Essay, Essay on Digital India
DIGITAL INDIA ESSAY
Digital India Essay, Essay on Digital India Long & Short Essay: The current Prime Minister of our country, Mr. Narendra Modi, has visionary mind for the development of country and amongst the several campaigns and laws, Digital India, too, was launched of 1st of July, 2015, with a motto to empower the country and it’s citizens digitally. Under the campaign, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is responsible to improve online infrastructure of government services; and increase internet connectivity to ensure the availability of services electronically to the citizen and make the country digitally empowered. The main focus was to connect the rural people and concerned area with network of high internet connectivity and improvement in digital literacy.
The campaign envisioned on availability of electronic products, services, manufacturing units and employment opportunities. With the population of over 1.2 billion, it is important to aware the citizens about government products and services, their impact and opportunities embedded; and digital market is inevitable for the spread of the same. The government, thus, launches the campaign, named as Digital India, with three core objectives:
- Digital literacy.
- Digital provider of government services.
- Stable and secure digital infrastructure.
OBJECTIVE AND SERVICES OFFERED
The campaign serves as an enabler for other schemes of government of India including Make in India, Bharat Net, Stand up India and Start up India.
The custodian of Digital India project is Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL). Project Bharat Net is also executed by BBNL. The core objective of Digital India is to ensure the easy access of government services digitally to the citizens, so that utility can be maximized. Several facilities are brought up through the campaign such as Digital Locker, E-health, E-education, E- shopping, Bharat Net and National scholarship.
To bring the government services online and ensure the availability of citizens, several initiatives were formed. In order to make the maximum services online, government launched website, mobile application and other measures.
- My.gov.inwas launched to provide a platform to discuss and share the ideas and inputs on relevant matters of government policies, rules and governance. The citizen can be engaged in discussion, decision making, sharing ideas and imparting their opinion on trivial matters.
- Unified Mobile Application for New age Governance or UMANGis an all-in-one mobile application for Android, Windows, iOS and USSD featured phone. It is a single application for 1200 state and central government services and is multi-lingual too. The state and central services includes tax, health, birth certificate, passport, agriculture, Indian railway booking, travel, business, job search, Education, E-panchayat, police clearance, bill payments, AADHAAR, PAN, AICTE and EPFO services.
- E-sign frameworkprovides access to digitally put the signature on documents using Aadhar authentication.
- E-hospital is engaged in providing humble services related to hospital and health care online, such as registration, fee payment, appointment, diagnostic reports, blood availability enquiry etc.
- Swachh Bharat Mission Mobile Application (SBM) provides the update and enquiry related to the Swachh Bharat Mission. It is used both by the citizens and government organisations to take care of the stuffs required to achieve its goals.
- Attendence.gov.inincludes the involvement of biometric system to keep the record of real-time attendance of government employees.
The launch of website and mobile application needs to be backed up with sound and secure digital infrastructure and digitally empowered citizens too. The government is working for these perspective too.
- Eradication of Black money. The government of India announced several technology initiatives to tap tax evaders and creating opportunities for IT Companies to build required system. The data analyst are highly useful for the said drive.
- Digital Locker. The application aims at securing important documents online rather than the physical storage of the same. The documents like PAN card, marks sheets, passport, driving license and degree certificates can be stored digitally do as to use anytime, anywhere as per the need. The application is authenticated by the Aadhaar verification.
- BPO and Job growth. The government is trying to set up minimum of one common service centre in every gram panchayat, thus creating huge number of BPO’s and relevant employment opportunities.
- E-sampark. The rural citizen communicates in their vernacular language and maximum of the residents don’t even know English. The E-mail I’d, however, can be generated in English only. The government of India took initiative to create E-mail address in regional language and the discussion id going on with Gmail and Rediff. The Companies are working on the same, and meanwhile, an Indian company has launched first ever free service for linguistic E-mail address. The government took initiative to bridge the gap between rural community and digital world.
Government Awareness Programme and Initiatives:
The government has launched several training and awareness programmes for the citizens to get to know about the digital platforms and utility derived from them.
The training programme runs for the smooth running of digital world to the rural people. The Union Cabinet, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as chairperson, executed Pradhan MantriGramin Digital SakshartaAbhiyaan (PMGDisha) under the campaign of Digital India. The focus of PMGDisha is the rural digital literacy. The motto is to digitally literate at least one member of rural household, thus covering 6 crore rural people by the end of March 2020. The training programme has Investment capping of ₹2351.38 crore.
Annual award ceremony and Digital India summit were held to have a check on implementation and update about the drive. States, under their individual parameters, are taking initiative to encourage digital implementation under normal course of business.
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu along with his council of Ministers, led the government of Andhra Pradesh, to have its first digital cabinet meeting. It is the first ever paperless meeting in the country using app E-cabinet. The Ministers can have whole access to the agenda of the meeting by logging into the application through laptop or tablet. The electronic form of meeting is held securely because of the password protection and lacks the issue of paper theft, and thus, the confidential information.
Andhra Pradesh, yet again came up with the plan to digitalize land disputes and allocated 11-digit unique code land parcel in the state. An inter departmental committee, Bhuseva authority, was formed to address the allotment of number identification to lands and issues in record management. Bhudhaar numberin documents was considered for the legal usage since 18th of February 2019.
E-Panta,an android application, serving as electronic crop booking, is another initiative of Andhra Pradesh government for the farmers and land owners. It is designed to analyse the crop patterns, crop details and standing crops in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The land is captured in the longitude and latitude along with occupancy and sub-division; and land details are uploaded on server by the trained officers for the public use. The application includes features like crop details, crop pattern, seasonal crop details, GPS location, land cover, water tax demand analysis and evidence in case of crop insurance. The Bihar government had launched a similar type of application for the farmers in the state too.
E-pragti, is single stop application for services of all government offices of Andhra Pradesh. It aims to provide more than 700 services to Indian citizens by integration of 34 departments under a single roof, named as E-pragti. It helps to minimize the personal visit to government offices as services can be accessed from anywhere.
State of Andhra Pradesh is not only helping people, but also government and financial institutions to minimize the loophole in the loan against lands. There came several cases of multiple loans on same plot of land, which is taken care of through Loan charge project.Bankers and other concerned officials can check and verify the land details online through unique number, and thus can avoid any forgery and misinterpretation.
Impact and Worldwide Support:
Top CEO’s of India and abroad joined Prime Minister Narendra Modi, at the launch of Digital India and committed to invest more than ₹200 Lakh crore for the campaign. The delegates proposed to utilize investments in the making of internet devices and smartphone in India, at an affordable price. It not only will reduce the transportation cost, but also generate job opportunities in the country. Our Prime Minister was supported by leaders from Silicon Valley, California, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm and Oracle.
MicrosoftandGooglepromised for the investment in the Broadband connectivity in rural areas and railway station respectively. Qualcommplans to invest in start-ups and Oracleannounced initiative on smart City and payments.
With due diligence and methods, the internet subscribers in India have drastically increased to 500 million at the end of April 2017. The addition of daily active internet users to the internet community is around 10 million monthly, which is highest in the world. Panchkula, Haryana was awarded under Digital India campaign as top and top best performing district. The citizens are buying the digitalization of India and enthusiastically taking the drive for the benefit of themselves and the country.
Disadvantages and challenges
Along with the advantages, there are certain challenges before government for the successful implementation of Digital India drive. The high level of digital illiteracy is one of the biggest challenges. It acts as a hindrance in proper implementation of digitalization over the rural people. Moreover, India is a multi lingual state and English is not a known language in rural areas. Non availability of online services in regional language makes it difficult for the people to handle and utilize the services.
Building of Digital infrastructures again an obstacle in making India digitally empowered. The development of hotspots in every hook and corner along with the need of Smartphone for the utilization of services is a huge task to be completed.
The paperless transaction and dependency of on Digital media enhances the scope of digital crime and forgery, if not taken care of. The privacy breaches one of the basic concerns too. Non IT people may have to face the fear of job insecurity and replacement.
However, as every coin have two sides and none of the sides are irrelevant. Likewise, Digital India campaign was established for a great cause, with certain obstacles, which can be minimized with utmost care and due diligence.
Make In India Essay, Essay on Make in India