IIT JAM 2022, Exam Date, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Eligibility
IIT JAM 2022, Exam Date, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India is the conducting authority for IIT JAM or Joint Entrance Examination fir Master’s degree programme. This examination is organised by several universities on rotational basis and this year of 2022, IISC Bangalore is responsible for the same. Qualified students will be provided with opportunity to get admission in various programmes including M.Sc, Ph.D and dual degrees at IIT and IISC. The examination will be held in the month of February 2022. IIT JAM 2022, Exam Date, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Eligibility criteria check all details here
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date, Application Form
|Availability of Online Application Form||September 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||October 2021|
|Downloading of admit card||January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date||February 2022|
|Result Declaration||March 2022|
|Declaration of Merit list||April 2022|
|Admission form Availability||April 2022|
|First List of Admission Declaration||June 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The application form can be filled up by Citizen of India and foreign nationals.
- There is no provision of age limit for the application of the said examination.
- Applicant must have passed or appearing in bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university or board or equivalent with minimum score of 55% (50% for reserved category students).
- Applicants have to furnish physical fitness report from the regular medical practitioner.
IIT JAM 2022 Application From: How to Apply
- The application form is available on the official website since September 2021 to October 2021.
- Applicants can apply for IITJAM online through JAM Online Application Processing system).
- The Application form demands personal and academic details of the candidate along with photograph and digital signature.
- These documents need to be verified and must be uploaded in prescribed format, as stated.
- Applicants can provide preference in terms of examination venue in the examination form.
- Candidates are requested to provide correct contact details and same must be in working condition because thee will be used for future correspondence.
- Candidates should fill in the Application form diligently and with best of your knowledge regarding its correctness and authenticity. However, authority provides a rectification window to the candidates to rectify mistakes, if any.
- Candidates are advised to submit the application form after filling up of the form and take a print out of the same for the future reference.
- Submission of fee can be done through both online and offline mode.
- The applicant can appear into one or more test papers.
- The Application fee for one test paperis Rs.1500 (Rs.750 for female, SC/ ST, PWD categorystudents)and Rs.2100 for two test papers (Rs.1050 for female, SC/ ST, PWD category students).
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be held on February 2022 as per the notification of authorized personnel. However, same may be changed, if required, by the authorities.
- The examination will be held through online mode only.
- The examination will not be held in any linguistic language, but English only.
- The question paper consists of 60 questions which needs to be completed within 3 hours.
- The questions will be of multiple select type, multiple choice type and numerical answer type.
- The question paper consists of three sections –Section 1 with 30 multiple choice type questions; Section 2 with 10 multiple choice type questions and Section 3 with 20 numerical answer type questions.
- The Section 1 is of 50 marks, Section 2 is of 20 marks and Section 3 is of 30 marks, making total marks to be 100.
- There is provision of negative marking only in case of wrong answers in Section 1.
- Total of 7 subjects are included into the syllabus and subjects are Geology, Economics, Mathematics Statistics, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Students must go through the entire syllabus and prepare from the mock tests in order to know the pattern and score good marks
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
Admit card will be available on the official website from5th of January 2021. Applicants can download the same with the help of login credentials and date of birth. Admit card includes personal and examination details of a candidate including date and venue of examination. It is mandatory to bring Hall pass to the examination centre and students are barred to enter into the venue in case hard copy of admit card is not available with the candidates. Students are advised to read and follow the instructions mentioned on the admit card in order to avoid any issues. They are advised to bring their identity card along with the admit card.
IIT JAM 2022 Result
Result will be declared and can be downloaded from official website from March 2022. Scorecard can be downloaded till July 2022. Students can download the result by using login credentials or registration number or date of birth. On the basis of performance of a candidate, All India Rank (AIR) will be provided to him/ her. In case of tie between two or more candidates, the ranking will depend on the ratio of positive marks to negative marks; and in case of equal ratio, candidates will be awarded with same All India Rank.
IIT JAM 2022 Merit List & Counselling
All India Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in each test paper of the candidate. Merit list will be prepared on different factors including difficulty level of examination, number of students, etc. Total number of seats available in the merit list of each category will determine the number of candidates included in the merit list. These qualified candidates will then, become eligible to apply in different IITs and IISCs as per the ranking and marks scored. The candidates scoring minimum cut-off marks will be called for counselling purpose and successful counselling and further process will result into the eligibility of candidate to take admission in the selected Institute.