JNU 2021 Application Form, Exam Date, Registration, Eligibility
JNU 2021 Application Form, Exam Date, Registration, Eligibility: JNU or Jawaharlal Nehru University is accredited as Category I University by UGC, A++ grade by NAAC and is ranked number 2 by NIRF 2020. It provides Under graduate, Post graduate and Research based programme in disciplines like Law, Science, Humanity, Engineering, Biotechnology and others. For the admission in Under graduate and Post graduate courses, students need to qualify in the JNUEE or Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination, which is university based annual examination and is scheduled to be held in the month of May 2021. The Application form will be available tentatively from the month of January2021.
JNU 2021 Application Form, Exam Date
|Application form available from||March 2021 First Week|
|Last date to submit application form||April 2021 Last Week|
|Form correction window availability||May 2021 First Week|
|Examination Date||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
|Last date of admission||To be announced|
JNU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The application form can be filled up by Citizen of India and foreign nationals.
- The minimum age for the applicant is 17 years and there is no maximum age limit for the same.
For Under graduate courses:
- For admission in 1st year, applicant must have been passed or appearing in the 10+2 level examination or Intermediate or senior secondary school examination or equivalent from a recognized university or board or equivalent, with minimum score of 45% in the qualifying examination.
- For admission In second year,applicant must have been passed first year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university or board or equivalentwith minimum score of 45%.
- For admission 2nd year, applicant must have sufficient proficiency in the language concerned.
For Post graduate courses:
- For admission in masters degree programme, applicant must have passed or appearing in bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university or board or equivalent. The minimum qualifying score is 55%.
- For admission in MCA, applicant must have passed or appearing in B.Tech or BCA from recognised university or board or equivalent with mathematics as a compulsory subject. The minimum score to be following must be 55% qualifying examination.
- For admission in M.Tech programme, applicant must pass master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operational research or other branch of science; or Engineering or MCA from a recognised university or board or equivalent with minimum score of 55%.
JNU 2021 Application Form Details: How to Apply
- Application form will be available through online mode from the month of March 2021. However, application form for MBA will be available from January 2021.
- Application need to register with the help of contact details before filling up of application form.
- The contact details provided should be correct and in working state as same will be used for future correspondence.
- Successful registration process will result in creation of user id and password, which will be used to login and fill in the application form.
- Application form demands personal and academic details.
- Photograph add signature needs to be uploaded followed by submission of application fee.
- Application fee can be submitted through both offline and online mode, and application fee differs for different subjects.
- The candidates need to submit the duly filled in application form and are advised to take a print out of the submitted application form for further reference.
Application Fee For M. Tech, M.Phil. M.A., M.Sc. Courses
|General/EWS category||SC/ST/PWD and OBC||BPL|
|Rs. 530||Rs.310||Rs. 110|
Application Fee for BA (Hons.) 1st Year and All Part Time Programmes
|General/EWS category||SC/ST/PWD and OBC||BPL|
JNU 2021 Exam Pattern
- Examination will be held through offline mode and the mode of examination is English, except the linguistic papers.
- Question paper includes multiple choice type questions.
- In MA (Economics), there will be two parts: Part A and Part B.
- 100 questions will be included in the question paper of M.Tech.
- The weightage of each question is one and every wrong answer will be penalized with the deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
JNU 2021 Admit Card
Admit card will be available on the official websitefrom the month of April 2021. The students can download the same with the help of login credentials provided earlier. Hall ticket contains personal details of candidate along with examination details including date and venue of the examination. Admit card is compulsory to enter into the examination hall and hence, students are advised to bring admit card compulsorily at the centre along with one governmental identity proof. Students must read and follow the instructions mentioned on the admit card.
JNU 2021 Result
Candidates able to download their results through official website of JNU with the help of date of birth and login credentials. The result will be declared in the month of June 2021. Result contains name, address, roll number, marks in each subjects, total marks, total Percentage and other details of candidates. Soon after the result the cut off marks will be released on the basis of different factors including number of applicants, difficulty level of questions, etc. The cut off is different for the different programmes and the qualified students will have to prepare for the further admission process.
JNU 2021 Counselling
Selected candidates will have to attend the counselling process, which is scheduled to be held in the month of July 2021. Personal and document verification will be done at the time of counselling and successful counselling will make Applicants eligible to get admission in relevant courses.