KVPY 2021 Registration, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus
KVPY 2021 Registration, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus: The Department of Science and Technology governed by Government of India acts as a conducting authority of national level examination KVPY or “Kishore VaigyanikProtsahanYojana”. Students studying basic Sciences and want to pursue career in research work in Science can get scholarship for their Ph.D level by qualifying examination of KVPY. KVPY aims to promote the research work in Science and qualified students need to take part in Interview too for the final selection.
KVPY 2021 Registration, Application Form Important Date
|Online Registration Started From||July 2021 Second Week|
|Last Date of Registration||September 2021 First Week|
|Availability of Admit Card||October 2021|
|KVPY 2021 Exam Date||November 2021 First Week|
|Result Declaration||December 2021 Third Week|
|Interview Started From||January 2022 Third Week|
|Last Date of Interview||February 2022 Fourth Week|
KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- For SA stream, applicant must have passed or appearing in 10thor equivalent examination from a recognised board or state or National Open School or equivalent with Science and Mathematics as mandatory subjects and must have scored minimum of 75% marks ( for reserved category, minimum qualifying marks is 65%).
- For SX stream, applicant must have passed or appearing in 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised board or state or National Open School or equivalent with mandatorysubject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology and must have scored minimum of 75% marks ( for reserved category, minimum qualifying marks is 65%).
- For SB stream, applicant must have passed or in first year of bachelor’s degree Examinationfrom a recognised board or state or National Open School or equivalent with Science as the basis paper, e.g. , B.Sc, I.Sc, B.Stat, etc. and must have scored minimum of 60% marks in Science and Mathematics in standard 12th(for reserved category, minimum qualifying marks is 50%).
KVPY 2021 Application Form Details: How to Apply
- The examination form will be available on the official website only from 2nd week of July 2021.
- Applicant need to register on the official website before filling up of the application from.
- The registration need to be done with the help of contact details including phone number and email ID.
- Students are advised to provide correct contact details as these will be used for future correspondence.
- Successful registration will lead to creation of user id and password.
- The login credentials need to be used to login into the account and continue with the filling up of application form.
- The application form will require personal and academic details.
- The centre of examination needs to be chosen and photograph, digital signature and other relevant documents needs to be uploaded in the prescribed format.
- The final step is the payment of application fee, which is Rs.1000 for general/ OBC category students and Rs.500 for SC/ ST/ PWD category students.
- The mode of fee payment is online only, which includes debit card, credit card and net banking.
- Candidates are advised to save the final submitted copy of application form till the completion of admission process.
- Candidate should fill in the form with correct and authentic details as any discrepancy with authenticity may lead to rejection of candidature.
KVPY Application Fee
KVPY 2021 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted in online mode only and language of question paper will be both English and Hindi.
- There will be objective type questions with time duration of 3 hours.
- The examination is scheduled to be held in first week of November 2021.
- The question paper will consist of 4 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, each section having two parts part 1 and part 2.
- For SA stream, Part 1 of each section has 15 questions and part 2 has 5 questions, thus making of 20 questions in each sections.
- For SB/ SX stream, Part 1 of each section has 20 questions and part 2 has 10 questions, thus making of 30 questions in each sections.
- There is no prescribed syllabus as described by the official. However, students are tested on the basis of their understanding and analytical ability against the syllabus of standard 10th, 12th or first year graduation as applicable.
KVPY 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be available on the official website from the second week of October 2021 and student can download the same with the help of login credentials provided earlier. Admit card is imprinted with personal details of applicant along with examination details like centre of examination, date of examination etc. If however, there is any discrepancy in the details mentioned, candidate have to inform to the officials in order to make the requisite verification and changes. Students it is not allowed to enter into the examination hall without admit card. Hence, students should bring hard copy of admit card along with them at the examination venue.
KVPY 2021 Result
Result will be declared in 3rd week of December 2021 through online mode, i.e., on official website of KVPY. Student have to enter the login credentials in order to download the result. In order to qualify the examination, students must secure equal to or more than the cut off marks released by authority. The qualified student will be called upon for interview after release of merit list. The fellowship will be provided after qualification in both written test and interview. The successful student will be called upon for document verification, which is the final step towards the admission.