CDS 2022 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern Syllabus
CDS 2022 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern Syllabus: Combined Defence services or CDS examination is conducted and regulated by Union Public Service commission for National level recruitment of eligible candidate into Indian defence services. The candidate are eligible to join Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Air force Academy and Officer’s Training academy, if successfully cleared all the examinations of CDS.
Combined Defence services examination is held twice in a year named as CDS I and CDS II probably in the month of February and September. It is one of the toughest recruitment examination including written test, interview and have physical parameters set up by UPSC for the candidates.
CDS 2022 Application Form Dates
|Events||Dates (CDS I)||CDS II|
|Online Registration Date||22nd December 2021||18th May 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||11th January 2022||14th June 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||January 2022||July 2022|
|Exam Dates||10th April 2022||4th September 2022|
|Result Declaration||Notify Later||Notify Later|
CDS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed or appearing in bachelor degree examination from a recognised University for Indian military and Officer’s training academy.
- Candidate must have passed or appearing in bachelor degree examination in engineering from a recognised University from for Indian Naval Academy.
- Candidate must have passed or appearing in bachelor degree examination in Engineering or a graduation degree with Mathematics and Physics as subjects at 10 + 2 level from a recognised University.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Citizen of Bhutan, Nepal or refugee of Tibet can apply if came to India before 1st January 1962 with a true intention to permanently settle in India.
- Indian origin person migrated from Pakistan, Burma, East African countries and Sri Lanka with an intention to permanently settle in India.
- Foreign Nationals can apply but eligibility certificate issued by government of India needs to be produced.
- Physical fitness as per standards set by commission of Central Defence Academy is mandatory.
- Mail applicants with age limit of 19 to 24 years are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy.
- Male applicants with age limit of 19 to 22 years are eligible to apply for Indian Naval Academy.
- Male applicants with age limit of 19 to 23 years are eligible to apply for Indian Air force Academy.
- Male and female applicants with age limit of 19 to 25 years are eligible to apply for Officer’s Training academy.
- Only unmarried male and female are eligible to apply for the training academy with the exception of women who are issueless divorcee or windows and are not remarried.
- Candidate should not be debarred from holding any commission in the Defence services by Ministry of Defence.
CDS 2022 Application Form
- Online submission of examination form is permitted only.
- One application form under the credentials of one candidate will be accepted and rest with same credentials will be declined automatically.
- The form is divided into two parts part I and part II.
- In part I, personal and educational details needs to be filled in and part II consists of uploading of photo and digital signature along with submission of examination fee.
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode only.
- The examination fee is non-refundable and reserved category along with female candidates are exempted from the payment of fees.
CDS 2022 Exam Pattern
- The offline mode of examination is being held for Combined Defence Services with two language option English and Hindi.
- Questions are of multiple choice type with each question having same weightage.
- For Indian military, Naval and Air force Academy, question paper consists of three parts carrying 100 marks for each part and time duration of 2 hours for each part.
- Three parts are English, General Knowledge and elementary Mathematics.
- There are two parts in examination of Officer’s Training Academy. Two parts are English and General Knowledge carrying 100 marks each and time duration is 2 hours each.
- Each Wrong answer is penalized with negative marks of 1/3rd for that question. However, no answer will not be penalized.
- SSB interview round is second stage of selection and candidate who have passed in written test can only appear into the interview round.
CDS 2022 Admit card
Concerned authority issues admit card before 3 to 4 weeks of examination date. The applicant needs to download the same from official website and present it before entering into the examination hall. Admit card contains all the necessary information about the candidate and examination venue and date. Candidate needs to read the instructions before hand and bring the documents as asked in the admit card to the examination hall. Candidates are advised to follow all the mentioned instructions carefully.
CDS Combined Defence Services Result 2022
The result of written examination is posted on the official website and candidate needs to check the same after entering application number or roll number. the qualified candidate will receive a call for SSB interview and physical examination. Document verification is done at the time of interview only. Overall performance of a candidate is taken into account for the selection and once selected, the candidate will become eligible for training in Indian defence academies. The commission has full right to accept or decline any candidate on any grounds.
The qualified candidates can then train themselves for one of the prestigious employment opportunity and helps in building up of a strong Nation.