JEST 2025 Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Admit Card, Exam Pattern
JEST or Joint Entrance Screening Test is a national level Examination conducted by Science and Engineering Research Board for the PhD and PhD integrated courses in different disciplines. Jest.org.in provide all the details related to the examination and admission through JEST. The disciplines for admission include Physics, Neuroscience, Computer Science and Computational Biology. The examination is scheduled to be held in the month of February 2025. JEST 2025 Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Admit Card, Exam Pattern check all details here
JEST 2025 Application Form Dates
|Availability of Application Form
|November 2024 Second Week
|Last date to Submit Application Form
|December 2024 Second Week
|Availability of Admit Card
JEST 2025 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling up of application form. For PHD and PhD integrated courses, student must have fast in post graduate course of same or relevant discipline.
- For PhD in Physics, candidate must have passed in MSc, Physics from any recognised university or equivalent. However, some institutions accept M.Tech/ B.Tech/ M.Sc. / M.E. in applied Physics and Mathematicsfor admission in in PhD, Physics.
- For PhD in Neuroscience, candidate must hold degree inComputerScience, B.E. or B.Tech. or Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) from a recognised university or equivalent.
- For PhD In theoretical Computer Science,applicant must possess a degree of M.Tech or M.E. or MCA or M.Sc. in Science.
- For Integrated PhD program in theoretical computer science,student must possess a degree in B.Tech/ B.E. / B.Sc. / MCA in computer science or related disciplines from a recognised university or equivalent.
- For PhD in computational Biology, student should have passed in M.Sc. / M.Tech/ M.E. / MCA from a recognised University with good knowledge of Biology and interest in Mathematical skill.
- To apply in Integrated M.Tech PHD, candidate must have secured a degree in M.Sc. (Applied Physics or Physics) or Post B.Sc. (Hons.) in optics and optoelectronics/ radiophysics and electronics.
JEST 2025 Application Form Details
- The application form is scheduled to be released from second week of November 2021 and last date of submission with fall in second week of December 2021.
- Application form is available to be submitted to online mode only.
- Applicant need to register on the official website and initiate for filling up of the form.
- Applicants need to provide personal, educational and contact details as required in the application form.
- All the mentioned details must be correct as incorrect details might lead to rejection of the application.
- Candidates need to upload the photograph and digital signature in the prescribed format as required in the application form.
- Non refundable application fee needs to be submitted along with the application form through online mode only.
- Application fee is Rs. 400 for general category students and Rs. 200 for SC/ ST or female category students.
- Applicants are advised to download and take a print out ofapplication form for future reference.
JEST 2025 Exam Pattern
- Examination will be held tentatively in the 3rd week of February 2025.
- The mode of examination will be offline only with multiple choice type question, only in English language.
- The Question paper is divided into 3 sections A, B and C; and total time provided to complete the paper is three hours.
- Section A consist of 15 questions of three marks each. One mark will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
- Section B consist of 10 questions of three marks each. There is no provision of negative marking in this section.
- Section C consist of 25 questions, each carrying 3 marks with a provision of negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answers.
- There is no prescribed syllabus for JEST. However, students advised to prepare from graduation and post graduation level topics of Physics, Mechanics, Optics, Electronics, Electromagnetism, Mathematics etc.
JEST 2025 Admit Card
Candidate can download their admit card from the official website of JEST with the help of application number and password provided earlier. The candidate can be able to download the admit card since fourth week of January 2025. Admit card includes personal and examination details of a candidate and any discrepancy in the details should be informed to the concerned authority. Admit card is compulsory to enter into the examination hall and hence, students are advised to bring in their admit card at the time of examination. The admit card should be preserved till the completion of admission process.
JEST 2025 Result
Result will be published tentatively in fourth week of March 2025. Candidates can download the year result from the official website of JEST by entering their user id and password. Result will be declared through online mode only and hard copy of the same will not be mailed to the candidate. The cut-off will be declared afterwards for the student on the basis of difficulty level of examination, seats availability etc. The qualified students will then be called for counselling process. The counselling process is different for different institution as there is no provision of centralized counselling. Students can reach to the institution in which they want their admission in case of qualification. The students are admitted into the institution on the basis of qualifying marks, interview and successful document verification.